Can I Get Alimony?
Alimony and Spousal Support is one of the most contested and challenged areas of the dissolution of a marriage. There are no alimony guidelines and it is difficult to predict what a judge will grant.
Different factors are considered by the court when determining spousal support. Some of these factors include:
- The length of the marriage
- Lifestlye during the marriage
- The ability of one spouse to pay vs. the needs of the other spouse
- Current employment or employment ability
- The marital assets and how they are divided
There are many other factors that will factor into a judge’s decision for awarding alimony and the amount awarded. Because there are no specific guidelines governing these decisions, it is always in your best interest to consult an experienced divorce attorney.
For answers from an experienced divorce lawyer about alimony and spousal support, email us or call my office at 954 385 9160. Let us explain how we can help you through the complicated process.