1655 North Commerce Parkway, Suite 201
Weston, FL 33326
Broward Divorce Lawyers


If a child is born from a relationship of two unmarried individuals, there is a paternity issue.  In order for the father to enjoy his parental rights he must obtain a court order declaring him to be the father.  Simply listing the father on the birth certificate is not sufficient.

To establish paternity a “Paternity Lawsuit” must be filed to establish parental rights and obligations.  The Mother must be served with the lawsuit and if she denies the petitioner is the father, a DNA test will be ordered.  If paternity is established, than the father will be entitled to all parental rights and responsibilities.